Saturday, 5 December 2015
DIY Jack & Coke Cakes
Christmas day is so close now and I thought I would do a little cooking DIY for you all so if you're late shopping and you can't get whatever for whoever at least you could make them something. I personally love receiving home-made gifts and personalised gifts, so I thought it would be good to share this recipe as I know a lot of people struggle with what-to-buy-who when it comes to Christmas. These are really great as male gifts.
* I want to know as you all know that I am doing Slimming World, these cakes are not Slimming World friendly and contains a lot of syns.
– ½ cup plain yoghurt
– ¾ cup cola
– ¼ cup whiskey or bourbon
– 1 cup butter
– 1 ¾ cups sugar
– 2 large eggs
– 2 teaspoons vanilla
– 2 cups flour
– ¼ cup cocoa
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– ½ teaspoon salt
– 1 ½ cups miniature marshmallows
– ½ cup butter
– 1/3 cup cola
– ¼ cup cocoa
– 2 tablespoons whiskey or bourbon
– 1 (16-ounce) package powdered sugar
– 1 tablespoon vanilla
How To Make:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and gather your ingredients.
- In a small bowl, mix together the yoghurt, cola, and whiskey. Set aside.
- Soften your butter for 10 seconds in the microwave. Place in a large bowl and use a hand mixer to beat on medium-speed until creamy. Add sugar and beat again until incorporated. Mix in eggs and vanilla. Set aside.
- Mix remaining dry ingredients together (flour through salt).
- Add ½ of dry ingredient mixture to the butter mixture; mix until incorporated. Add all of the cola mixture and mix again until well combined. Add remaining dry ingredients and mix one final time.
- Stir in marshmallows.
- Divide mixture among mason jars.
- Bake small jars for 30 minutes and larger jars for 45 minutes.
- While the cakes are baking, start the frosting. Melt butter, then add cola and cocoa. Remove from heat and add whiskey and powdered sugar.
- Use a whisk to mix until smooth.
- Spoon over hot cakes.
- Let cool completely before serving.
I hope you all enjoyed this blog and try out this recipe for yourselves. If you do try this recipe please let me know what you think by either commenting below or by tweeting me. I'll be doing another DIY Christmas idea next Saturday so come back for that!
Alisha Valerie. x
[Disclaimer: This blog post was not sponsored.]